Are you a beginner or professional who is looking for a new coffee machine, that makes a great brew but won’t break the bank? This Breville Coffee Machine Dual Boiler review should help your search!
The Breville Dual boiler is a high-quality coffee machine that is appropriate for both beginner and trained baristas. It has some useful features to control volume metrics and timers, as well as some automated settings for people who are still learning.
Its main unique feature is its dual boiler. Dual boiler simply means that this machine has a separate boiler for the steamer and the brew, so you can do both simultaneously. The Breville Coffee Machine Dual Boiler does not have an integrated grinder, which you can find with other Breville machines.
Brewing Your Coffee
The manual brew button is useful for beginners and people who want to play around with different brew times.
There are two auto volume metric buttons on the machine, so you can choose which one works for you.
The timed shot programmes the number of seconds, and the auto volume metric controls the output. Time might be easier for beginners, but intermediates often prefer to use volume metrics. Both volume metric buttons stop automatically.
The pre-infusion mode is a unique feature compared to other Breville machines. To use it, hold the manual button. The machine will then add a little water to your baset, which will help you deal with any grind inconsistencies. This is a great feature for this type of machine – as it’s usually only found in more expensive devices.
The Breville Coffee Machine Dual Boiler has an integrated clock, so you can set the machine to come on at a particular time.
Cleaning your Coffee Machine
The entire Breville Coffee Machine, including the portafilter and its baskets, are made out of easy-to-clean stainless steel. The drip tray and other components can be easily removed for cleaning.
You can programme the machine to do its own backflush; all you need to do is add a cleaning tablet, and it will do all the work!
You can also raise the machine to access the water tank and clean this part of the machine.
Other key features
Breville also incorporates a lot of other excellent features into this machine, including:
- The tamper is magnetically stored within the machine.
- There is a level indicator on the drip tray for when it gets too full, so you will be able to empty it before it overflows.
- Behind the drip tray there is a handy storage space for machine cleaning utensils.
- Your insulated steam arm, with a three tip hole, is activated by a lever. Most people find levers more durable than dials.
- The steamer isn’t incredibly powerful, but it is ideal for both beginners and people who want to manipulate their milk a little more.
- You can access your water tank from the front.
- There is also the option for immediate hot water; this uses the same boiler as the brew.
- The Breville Dual Boiler has a 58 ml portafilter, and as standard with all Breville machines, it comes with two pressurised and two non pressurised baskets.
- From the front, you can see how much water is in your tank.
The Breville Coffee Machine Dual Boiler is an easy to use, well-functioning machine for different levels of baristas. It contains some basic features, so it’s perfect for beginners, but it also has a few more advanced features that are rare in machines of its price.
If you’re looking for a machine that will improve your barista skills, the Breville Dual Boiler is a great option.
You can find more information in the video below, as well as Breville’s US website.