HOW TO RUN A CAFE WITH BUSINESS PARTNER Running a cafe is not an easy task. There are several ways to run a cafe, via franchise, single owner operating, under a management or finding yourself a business pattern that can either operate the cafe with you or run as what...
Profit is one of the primary motives for starting a business of your own. Of course, you’ll also have the privilege of setting your schedule and being your boss, especially in the coffee shop industry; but the money-making potential will make or break you. So the big...
Would you like to run a coffee shop? In this post, we will show you the average coffee shop running cost in Australia for 2021! Australia has a coffee culture that is second to none. Coffee shops are a social hub, as many people meet their partners or friends over a...
Are you looking for an answer to what is a good coffee shop profit margin? According to our experience, a coffee business's profit can range from 5% all the way up to 30%. So you might be asking yourself: what makes me go further to the left or right in that...
Looking for tips to increase your cafe sales? To increase cafe sales, you can: hire friendly staff, train your barista, expand your menu, introduce loyalty offers, offer free sampling, do social media marketing, set up an engaging website, upselling, loyalty programs,...
Hiring a cafe manager, it is important to ensure th person which is been hired undertand the nature of the job, its responsabilities and the main requirements of the job.
Hiring a cafe manager means hiring a person that will be managing the daily operations of the business. Each business has different caracteristics and needs. It is important to add on to the job description, a section that describes a job brief.
We have put together few elements we believe it is important to be present in a job description for a cafe manager. Note that these essential duties and responsabilities were drafted according to our previous business model. Anyone using these information need to adjust accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsabilities
- Manages and motivates the cafe team;
- Trains new employees and provide ongoing training for all cafe staff;
- Coordinate the cafe schedule, converting different shifts if necessary;
- Serves as the lead customer service contact for members at the cafe, including answering questions, welcoming and other memebers of communication;
- Act as liaison between the cafe and all the other stakeholders, communicating relevant information to the cafe staff when needed;
- Establishes, monitors and analyses the cafe budget;
- Develops and implements cafe policies procedures;
- Manage suppliers and maintain inventories;
- Responsible for keeping the cafe area clean, neat and ordersly;
- Conducts staff meetings;
- Other duties as assigned;
Health and Safety
- Ensure all accidents are recorded in the relevant accident book;
- Use the correct handing and lifting procedures as outlined in induction training;
- To keep up to date with all H&S procedures and methods;
- Ensure all tasks are carried out in accordance wiht cafe health, hygiene, quality and safety standards;
- Customer service;
- Serve all food from the counter using correct tools and presentation techiniques;
- Be friendly, approachable and have a great customer attitude;
- Be personable with customers queries and requests;
- Promote customer care through all action and behaviours;
Overall, the more detailed the job description is, the more effective the communication is established between employeer and employee from the beginning, and the more confident the cafe manager is likely to be in its new positon.